Subject: Re: memory leak
From: John Gross <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 16:36:52 -0700 (PDT)

> Maybe this subject has been discussed already, but I've been too busy to
> keep up with the list recently, so I may have missed it.  4.0 (Intel, NT)
> has a major memory leak when image sequences are loaded in.  It appears that
> LW does not remove "old" images from memory as it loads through the
> sequence.  On complicated scenes with multiple sequences, NT quickly runs
> out of memory and brings up a "virtual disk full" error message.  Does
> anyone know if there is a fix for this planned or available?  I consider
> this to be a very serious bug, and hope that it will be corrected soon.  I
> recently did a show opening involving dozens of sequences, and I had to
> baby-sit my computers over the course of 3 days (including sleeping in my
> office) so I could re-load the scene each time NT ran out of memory.

Actually, this is a problem with Microsoft. Programmers take note! The 
free call does not free up RAM as it should. check into calling heapmin 
instead.

I would imagine that there will be a "fix" for Lightwave soon.

JG
--
John Gross <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]